Thursday, March 3, 2022

Super FamiComplete #108: Super Shogi

 


Title: Super Shogi
Release Date: 6/10/1992
Developer: I'Max
Publisher: I'Max

Another Shogi game! If you would like to learn more about the game of Shogi itself, please read the previous post on Shodan Morita Shogi. It is a pretty amateur explanation of the game, but certainly better than a newcomers understanding of this Japanese take on chess.

Background
This game really doesn't have too much written about it. It is only available in Japan for the Super Famicom, which makes sense since shogi is really only popular in Japan. I'max is a really small publisher from the 90s who developed mainly for Sega platforms; they had a development team known as Betop, but I don't recognize any other titles that they made. 

This game does have two sequels for it on the Super Famicom, which seem to add more "pizazz" to the gameplay, but it is still just shogi in a pretty package. 

Gameplay
This game is very barebones for a representation of Shogi; it reminds me a great deal of Chessmaster but without that epic music theme. Honestly, I prefer Shodan Morita Shogi

Verdict
This game is little posted about. I couldn't even find a ROM online to play, but did find a youtube video to watch. So this sadly is a shorty-boy post. I vote we forget about this one like the world already has done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A (for now) goodbye and a sincere thanks

Hello everyone! A short update blog post. This blog has been a weird exercise for me, starting as a passion project with a clear goal but a ...